Saturday, June 22, 2013

Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color stick

Today I am reviewing Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color stick, which is basically a very moisturizing lip tint. 
I am a huge fan of Neutrogena's products. Their packaging is always so sleek and modern looking. Also their product selections are very simple and easy to choose from.
This product is about $7-8 USD.
The chubby sticks (What I like to call the lip tints above) comes in 8 shades. The one I'm reviewing today is Fresh Papaya number 20. It's a nice pink coral color. The color has a nice sparkle sheen to it, though its very subtle. The color glides on smoothly and is very moisturizing. 

I've used mine for a couple months. This is how much I've used so far. 

I rolled out all the lip tint to see how much there was left and was disappointed with what I saw. 


I thought the whole tube was filled with the lip tint but realized that only about half of the tube was filled with the product. Meaning you're paying for a lot less product than you thought. 

I did a swatch on my hand to show you guys how pigmented the color is. 



On the left side I only ran the lip tint once. You can see with just one swipe its very pigmented. On the right side I ran it over a couple of times. Basically all you need is one quick swipe and you're good to go! :) 

Here's a picture of my lips without the lip tint. 

And here's a picture of my lips with the lip tint. 



It adds great moisture to my dry lips and pigmentation that I really need. 

Moisture: 5/5

The moisture lasts for a very longtime. You only have to reapply it every hour or so. 

Packaging: 4/5

I love how simple it kiss. It looks like a really cute chubby pencil. It's easy to apply and there's no need to sharpen because you just have to twist it. I gave it a 4 because the cap falls off really easily and cracks easily.  

Pigmentation: 5/5

I love the color. It isn't too bright. It gives my lips just color they need. Also it has a tiny bit of sparkles to give them a cute sheen. 

Overall: 4.5/5 
I will definitely repurchase this again and am looking forward to try out the other colors. 

Pros: 
-great colors with a moderate range
-moisturizing 
-easy to use
-unscented

Cons:
-the cap falls off easily
-the cap breaks easily
-not as much product as you would expect



No comments:

Post a Comment